Main Menu

South Coast PMR Net

Started by Razz229, Jun 27, 2022, 03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razz229

pmr_ne12.jpg
Hello all and welcome to another action packed episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net, held on the 20/06/2022

or

"Why do May flies 🪰 come out in June?"

So while your thinking over that question, here is a little bit about the net.
It is scheduled to start at 20.00 hrs or 8 o'clock 🕗 but you can find people on before that time chatting about anything.
The net is on Channel 14 or 446.16875MHz narrow FM with no CTCSS tones
The net finishes when it finishes.
All radio users are welcome (we don't judge 😀)

My location was Radio Corner, Forest, East Sussex and equipment used was the TYT TH-9800 and a 'Sputnik' antenna on a 15 foot pole all connected with cheap coax. So cheap I think it 2 levels up from wet string 😆

The weather on the night was bright sun, high wispy clouds, and a hazy on the horizon. As the sun set, the sky turned a delicate shade of pink.
The temperature at the beginning of the net was almost 20 degrees C and when I did leave the forest it was down to a comfortable 10 degrees C

Now in almost order of calling in, here are the stations that were on the net.

CT 2207--Neil--Crowborough--East Sussex--His noise level was low on the night 😀
CT 1033--Chris--Tonbridge--Kent--Flirting between PMR and UKFM
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Trying something different with his set up
MD 26--Dave--Bexhill--East Sussex--A member of the Monday night PMR channel 12 group
AMC 1066--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex--Also a member of the Monday night PMR channel 12 group
CT 4263--Chris--Reigate Town--Surrey
CT 2072--Steve--Wrotham Hill--Kent--The chatty station  tonight
  --  Paul M--Wrotham Hill--Kent
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Eyeball 👀 Eyeball
CT 4515--John--Brighton--East Sussex
TK 08--George--Tonbridge--Kent
Tango 187--Toby--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex-- Pushbike 🚲 mobile on a handy
  --  Adam--Hastings--East Sussex
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
  --  Phil--Wanstead--East London
CT 3328--Rob--Sevenoaks--Kent--Beer🍺 , Barbecue , Cheese board 🧀 and radio 😀
CM 01--Jason--Shooters Hill--South East London--Don't say anything to Tom CT 4029 😜😜
GE 12--Tim--Hastings--Kent
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Town--Surrey
And me CT 2290--Ray--Radio Corner--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

That is it for the list of stations that called in and thank you to all 👍

So before the credits roll and you have to put Baby Puss out.

Here is some of the topics of conversation, Foxes🦊 and May flies🪰 , Radio controlled models and model making, can George fix Paul M's home made ATU? did the net send Jill to sleep😴 ?, the music played after the shipping 🚢 forecast on Radio 4 and the most important thing since sliced bread 🍞 , will Nigel be getting a CHARLIE TANGO callsign?

That's it for now, please smash the like 👍 button if you want more!

So it's good night from me and it's good night from him

Ray Keeper of the log 🪵 as I have a ink pen ✒ and scrolls 📜

Razz229

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

Welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the Monday Night PMR net held on the 27/06/2022

or

"the early bird 🐦 gets to chat and is top of the list"

The net was held on Monday 27th of June and was scheduled to start at 8 o'clock🕗  or 20.00Hrs, but due to my early arrival, I started chatting from about 7.15PM.
My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest in the county of East Sussex and equipment used was the TYT TH-9800 and a home made 1/4 wave GPA.

The net can be found on channel 14 or 446.16875 MHz and is CTCSS tone free.

Oh I nearly forgot the weather report for you WX fans.
The sky was blue with some white fluffy☁  clouds being blown along by a strong wind and on the horizon dark foreboding clouds.

So being the early bird, I called out at just after 7 o'clock and was answered by Chris CT 4362, where we chatted about his radios, antenna's, PMR, CB and his work.

Now on with the list of stations that called in and were heard and worked by the net.

Top of the list was

CT 4362--Chris--Reigate Hill--Surrey
KP 441--Steve--Henfield--West Sussex--Mobile 🚗
CT 3466--Ray C5--Crowhurst--Surrey--Mobile 🚘
CT 1033--Chris--Tonbridge--Kent
CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent--The Listening👂Station
Shy Pete, heard for a moment then was gone.
CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--2nd location of the night
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--2nd location of the night
OM 001--Graham--Burgess Hill--West Sussex--Sounding well
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--On half power (500 watts) and using his 5 element beam
CT 940--Richard--Reigate--Surrey--Nice to have you back on the net buddy 👋
SGT 67--Danny--Crawley--West Sussex--On a handy and worked by Chris CT 4362
CT 3328--Rob--Hadlow--Kent
And me CT 2290--Ray--Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

That concludes the list and thank you all who called in.

Before the curtain drops, here are some of the things that went on.

My talk of the £1 mag mount has now been replaced by Rob's (CT 3328) 50p mag mount  affraid

Now get the smelling salts ready or sit down before reading the next bit.
Unscientific test showing that, on the night, the Baofeng rubber duck was working better than the aftermarket whips!

After that bomb 💣 shell

The fight for the right to use Ditchling Beacon.
With both Steve (KP 441) & John (CT 4515) being on the same spot, tensions were raised and eventually snapped. This caused a stand off between the 2 operators. This was ended with a timely reminder from Graham (OM 001) that Ditchling Beacon is his spot and that Steve & John are only renting it. To keep the peace, the rent of a packet of chocolate biscuits 🍪 , will need to be paid to Graham in the future. 😆😛

That's it till next time so thank you for reading

Ray--Keeper of the log 🪵 as I have a quill 🪶 and 📜 parchment.

Razz229

Ladies & Gentlemen

Welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"What a lovely night for a perambulation"

The net was Ladies & Gentlemen

Welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"What a lovely night for a perambulation"

The net was held on the 4th of July 2022 and started about 19:00 UTC, 20:00 BST, 8 o'clock or 15:00 New York time.
The net can be found on channel 14 or 446.16875MHz if you need to program it in and no CTCSS tones

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest in the county of East Sussex and the equipment used was the TYT TH-9800 and the 'Sputnik' GPA on a 12 foot pole.

The weather for the night was mild, sunny☀with a bit of cloud, a spectacular sun set and a crescent moon 🌒 to boot.

As the net kind of got underway, we suffered an attack of digital mode tomfoolery and a Irishman saying that he was in the bushes watching us!!
Whatever floats your boat 🤣🤣🤣

So on we go with the list of stations heard and or worked by the net

CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent--The chatty station tonight 🗣�
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate Town--Surrey
  Paul M--Vigo Village--Kent
CT 9484--Mark--Haslemere--Surrey
NB 101--Dave--Edenbridge--Kent--Welcome to the net 🥳
CT 940--Richard--Reigate--Surrey--🐎
CT 2207--Neil--Crowborough--East Sussex
  Dave--Sevenoaks--Kent
OM 001--Graham--Burgess Hill--West Sussex
  Richard--Tunbridge Wells--Kent
KH 175--Kevin--Crawley--West Sussex
CT 3328--Rob--Hadlow--Kent
SQ 020--Phil--Wanstead--East London
And me CT 2290--Ray--Radio Corner--East Sussex--in the chair 🪑😆

That brings to the end the list of stations who participated in the net and thank you all 🙏🙇

Razz229

My lords, ladies and gentlemen,

Please welcome another episode (will this ever end?) of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"is Ray's spot in danger of being taken over?"

The net was held on on the Eleventh day on the Seventh month of the year two thousand and twenty two and started surprisingly close to it's scheduled time of 8 o'clock 🕗

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest 🌳in the county of East Sussex and equipment used was a (new to me) QYT KT 8900D and the trusty 'Sputnik' antenna.

The weather could be summed up in a few words, it was a warm night.

As I said earlier, the net almost started on time if it wasn't for a surprise guest.
Andy AKA Bartman pulled into Radio Corner and came heading towards me, with a smile 🙂 on his face. He pulled up and we had the eyeball 👀 and chat and then I was reminded that the chairman was AWOL!

More about Andy and his visit to come. . . .

Now on with the list of stations who called in and were heard and or worked by the net

Bartman--Andy--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
TG 25--Keith--Canvey Island--Essex
CT 1033--Chris--Tonbridge--Kent--Split between PMR and CB
CT 2072--Steve T--Wrotham Hill--Kent
CT 2236--Dan--Wrotham Hill--Kent--Using a handy strapped to a fence
FB 228--Martin--Hellingly--East Sussex
MD 26--Dave--Bexhill--East Sussex--Popping in from the channel 12 PMR Bexhill/Hastings group.

Where's Nigel?

CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Using a handy
CT 4013--Tony--Brighton--East Sussex--On a handy and surprised by the contact
GE 12--Tim--Fairlight Nr Hastings--East Sussex
  ??--Peter--Tonbridge--Kent
KH 75--Kevin--Crawley--West Sussex--We could just hear you.
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey
And me CT 2290--Ray--Radio Corner--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

That brings to end the list of stations and thank you all for joining in.

Now to answer the burning 🔥 question of why is my spot in danger.

Bartman had come up to chat about his problem on Reigate Hill, where his radio is blocked 🧱 by some mysterious RF interference when he is in particular spot.

So being the unhelpful chap that I am, I had a look at his radio to see that it was a radio like mine with just a different name on it.

Oh dear I thought, if he is having problem with that, is mine going to cause me problems too scratch ?

Well after getting Andy to call out and passing him round, my fears had got worse.
His mobile set up of the Radlet Radio and Comet style SBB-7 mobile antenna was on occasions hearing better than me and received better audio reports too!

So now

Is it time to give up and hand the Pen 🖊�and Ink  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 26ab  over to someone else?
Do I take up moaning about queuing while out shopping and causing a que?
Is it time to drive 5 to 10 miles under the speed limit and break hard at every corner and on coming vehicle 🚘?

Well no, as when I offered said "Pen & Ink" to anybody and everybody, it got me some funny looks from strangers!

To wrap up this episode, all is good in the world, nothing will change and thank you for reading this far down 👏👏 .

Please all stand as Ray is leaving the post.

Ray

Razz229

Ladies & Gentleman.

Hello all and welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the South Coast PMR Net

or

"What's that flashing over there?"

The net was held on Monday night the 08/08/2022 and can be found on channel 14 or 446.16875MHz

Much to everybody's surprise, I arrived and almost started the net on time at 8 o'clock 🕗 😲

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest, East Sussex (JO-01-BB-14-CD) and the set was the TYT TH-9800 and the trusty home made 'Sputnik' antenna.

Due to the time of the year, it was warm sunny night with an amazing sun set.

The temperature at the start of the net was 21 degrees C and at the end it had dropped to a much cooler and more comfortable 14 degrees C

Now the scene has been set, on with the list of all who called in and was heard and or worked by the net

Camper Van Man (CVM)--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
CT 2236--Dan & children--Wrotham Hill--Kent
T K 08--George--Tonbridge--Kent
CT 4362--Chris--Reigate Hill--Surrey
  ??  --Mark--Leytonstone--East London--welcome to the net 👏👍
CT 4013--Tony--Brighton--East Sussex
And me CT 2290--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

That concludes the list of stations that called in.

💥💥WE INTERRUPT THIS REPORT TO BRING YOU A NEWSFLASH💥💥

Just as things were winding down we had a call come in from

South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f1eb-1f1f7  14 FRS 119--Mr Jacky--Vire--Normandy--France  South Coast PMR net report - Page 8 1f1eb-1f1f7

Here is a rushed recording of the Jacky just before the tropo moved more towards John CT 4515.

Before packing up, Nigel, John and myself decide to participate in a little experiment, which was to see if it was possible to flash each other with our torches. So with lots of torch on and torch off, on, off, on, off being said over the radio, we did in fact identify each other over a distance of 14 miles 23 Km

That is it (honest)

Ray

Razz229

Oh yay, oh yay, oh yay

Hello all and welcome to another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"Is the phrase 'height is might' correct?"

The net was held on the evening of Monday the 15th of August 2022 and was scheduled to start at 20.00 hours 🕗 (which it kind of did)

Due to my late finish at work, I choose to try out a different hill, which Wikipedia said is the highest point in Kent but then another site said it was the 2nd highest, so who knows for sure?

The net, as most of you already know, is held on channel 14 or 446.16875MHz and runs with no CTCSS tones

My set was the TYT TH-9800 and the 'sputnik' antenna on a pole.

And not forgetting the people with weather interests, it was hot 🥵 & sticky and I was while driving to my new spot, radio Caroline on 648 AM was often interrupted by static crashes 🌩�

Now the scene is set, radio up and running, pencil ✏ & note book 🗒� at the ready, on with the list of stations that called in.

CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Shotgun with Ray
KP 441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
GE 12--Tim--Firle Beacon--East Sussex
Delta 31--Adam--Firle Beacon--East Sussex
KH 175--Kevin--Crawley--West Sussex
  ??  --Richard--Tunbridge Wells--Kent
And me CT 2290--Ray--Toys Hill--Kent-- with the pencil ✏ and note book 🗒�

Thank you all who called in 👍

And to answer the question.
I don't think height is might. I was the same height as Reigate Hill yet struggled with hearing both Russell and Chris, struggled with Tim and Adam in Firle Beacon and Graham in Burgess Hill.
So next week it will be back to Radio Corner to regroup for my next hill top test.

73 and TTFN 👋

Ray

Razz229

Hello all and welcome to new and old members of Charlie Tango Dx

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the Monday Night PMR net

or

"a night of firsts or 1st's"

The net was held on the 22nd of August 2022 and can be found on channel 14 or 446.16875MHz and is scheduled to start at 8 o'clock 🕗 or 20.00hrs. (which it did, now there is a first!)

My location was Radio Corner Ashdown Forest 🌳 in the county of East Sussex and the set up was a TYT TH-9800 and the 1/4 wave Sputnik up on a pole.

The weather on the night was cloudy with drizzle which turned into fog as the night went on and caused me some confusion when at first the windows were steamed up and then looking out the mobile radio shack later I saw that it was foggy

With a new pad on my lap, it was time to get the first callsigns on the first sheet of paper and this honour goes to 2 young men who were the first to make a contact on the night.

So 1st on the list was

Harry chatting to Theodore (thank you to their dads for allowing me to also chat to them) 👍

CT 2236--Dan--Mobile--Kent
KP-441--Steve--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Spoilin' for a fight 😉
Joker--Steve--Reigate Hill--Surrey
GE 12--Tim--Crowborough--East Sussex
Bart Man--Andy--Reigate Hill--Surrey
  ??  --Mark--Leytonstone--East London
CT 2621--Rob--Firle Beacon--East Sussex
D31--Adam--Crowborough--East Sussex--Shotgun with GE 12 Tim
AMC 1966--Boris--Near Hastings--East Sussex--Representing the channel 12 group.
CT 2453--Picnic Chris--Near Hastings--East Sussex--Shotgun with AMC 19660 Boris
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Ready to rumble with KP 441 Steve 🤣
CT 3466--Ray C5--Crowhurst--Surrey--Making contact and holding a Qso with AMC 1966 Boris was another first
Road Runner--Andross--Crowhurst--East Sussex--With Tim & Adam
CT 4013--Tony--Brighton--East Sussex--Test his new high up antenna!
WD 40--Chris--Hastings--East Sussex--Welcome to the net 👍👋
CT 4601--Josh--Horam--East Sussex--Welcome to the net 👍👋
PIP 57--Paul--Near Bracknell--Berkshire--Heard you calling CQ for the net
Speed Bird--Russell--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Who enjoyed a first by making contact with Hasting using a handy a distance of about 45 miles
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--In the chair and with paper 🖊� & pen 📄

Thank you all who called in and thank to you all who waited for Theodore and Harry to finish there chat. 👋👋

With the contacts made using handhelds, Ray C5 having a Qso with Boris and the faint CQ call from Paul PIP 57, I'm guessing there was some tropo ducting caused by the fog

Did the Ditchling Beacon Rumble go ahead?
You will have to tune in next week and find out 😉

That brings this episode to an end, so don't forget to switch off the radio and put the cat out

73 and TTFN

Ray 2290

Razz229

Hello all and welcome.

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the PMR net held on Bank Holiday Monday

or

"was Radio Corner the setting for a B movie version of the Fast & the Furious?"

But before we start the main program, here is the result of last weeks match of the RWF (Radio Wrestling Federation) which took place on Ditchling Beacon. The bout was between John CT 4515 in the Red 🔴 corner and Steve KP 441 in the Blue 🔵 corner.
After some moving of cars  South Coast PMR net report - Page 9 1f697  South Coast PMR net report - Page 9 1f699  to get the best spot, both combatants emerged to start a match of hand held to hand held antenna fencing and ferocious PTT pushing intermingled with assorted radio lingo. After some fine attacks and counter attacks, it was decided by both that the result be a draw.

Now on with the review.

The PMR net was held on Monday the 29th of August 2022 and can be found on channel 14. The net is scheduled to start at 20:00 Hrs 🕗 , but you can sometimes call out early and be answered.

My location was under a clear sky in Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest 🌳 East Sussex where the temperature was chilly when in a t-shirt and shorts.
Set up for the night was the TYT TH 9800 an the 'Sputnik' 1,4 wave antenna up on a pole.

Now on with the list of stations that called in

CT 2236--Dan--Wrotham Hill--Kent
Mark--Leyton--East London--Proving the disbelievers wrong again by making contacts across the Thames
Mick--Hackney--East London--Changing the tone of the white noise in Radio Corner
Roy--Biggin Hill--Kent
Barclay--Tonbridge--Kent
CT 4610--Andy (Bartman)--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Taking his new shiny callsign out for a test run
CT 4515--John--Cissbury Ring--West Sussex--1st location of the night
Steve R--Rochester--Kent
D31--Adam--Hastings--East Sussex
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--2nd location of the evening
CT 2453--Chris--Bexhill--East Sussex
and not forgetting me CT 2290--Ray--Radio Corner--East Sussex--With the paper 📄 and pencil ✏

Thank you all who called and took part.

"Was Radio Corner the setting for a B movie version of the Fast & the Furious?"

The answer was yes, Radio Corner had a convoy of Audi's, BMW's, a MX5 (I think), a motorbike 🏍� , 4x4 pick dropping it's litter everywhere and some other cars drive in. Some used the road as a test track to see how fast they could go or if a deer 🦌 walked in front of them how fast they can stop

That brings this episode to an end, thank you for reading

73 👋

Ray
CT 2290

Razz229

Welcome ladies, gentlemen and family pets 🐶😺🐟🐦

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"What lightning, where?"

The net was held on 05-09-2022 and was scheduled to start at 8 o'clock 🕗 I arrived fashionably late to find the things had started without me.

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest 🌳 in the county of East Sussex and the equipment used was the TYT TH-9800 and the home made 'Sputnik' antenna up on a pole.
The weather was cool and cloudy with the moon 🌔 playing hide and seek behind the clouds ☁

Now the scene is set, on with the list of call ins

CT 4362--Chris--Reigate Town--Surrey 🏆
Mark--Leyton--East London

"Look at the lightning in the West" 🌩�

CT 4610--Andy Bartman--Reigate Hill--Surrey

"Look at the lightning in the channel" 🌩�

Roy--Biggin Hill 🛩�--Kent
KP 441--Steve--Cowfold--West Sussex--Mobile 🚗
CM 01--Jason--Shooters Hill--Southeast London
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--with the pencil & paper 📝

"Look at the lightning in the East" 🌩�

Topics of conversation spanned from solar power (which got Nigel excited), Steak n Kidney pie with chips & peas and the lightning being on 3 of our sides.

As the night was coming to a close, there was a drop or 2 of rain.

Then a light drizzle which got heavier.

The heavier rain became very persistent until this happened.

Some say you can work out how far away the lightning is by counting the time between the flash and the bang. Anybody want to take a guess?

That brings an end to this episode. Thank you all who called in.

Cheers for now

Ray 2290

Razz229

Hello all and Welcome

Here is another episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"Don't talk about us as we could be listening 👂 to you"

The net was held on Monday night the 12th of September 2022.
The net can be found on channel 14 or 446.16875MHz (no CTCSS tones)

My location for the night was a busy Radio Corner on Ashdown Forest 🌳 (home of Winne the Pooh) in the county of East Sussex. Equipment used on the night was the TYT TH 9800 and the home made 1/4 wave GPA 'Sputnik' up on a pole.

The weather was the complete opposite to last week, it was cloudy ☁ but mild.

Now on with the show

CT 3466--Ray C5--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Over in that corner
CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Over in the other corner
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Over in the 3rd corner
CT2453--Picnic Chris--Eastbourne--East Sussex
GE 12--Tim--Hastings--East Sussex
AMC 1966--Boris--Hastings--East Sussex--Also chatting to France South Coast PMR net report - Page 9 1f1eb-1f1f7 on PMR channel 10
London calling--Mark--Leyton--East London
CT4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex
Alan--Redhill--Surrey--Welcome to the net 👍
Ratty 248--Chris--Reigate Hill--Surrey
FB 228--Martin--Hellingly--East Sussex
Danny--Heathfield--East Sussex--Welcome to the net 👍
Ricky from the ridge--Hastings--East Sussex
and me, CT 2290--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--I the last remaining corner of the car park.

Thank all who called in and a quick mention to the Hasting/Bexhill PMR channel 12 group who popped up and joined us on PMR 14.

Topics of conversation ranged from nuclear ⚛ power to coal via fracking, why some hand mics jump channel when you transmit (you know the ones with channel change buttons in the top of the mic) and is there a batch of CRT Space U's out there that are a bit deaf on receive?

That brings this episode to an end

Ray with the note pad 📝

Like most films of the modern era, an end of credits extra

As I alluded to earlier, Radio Corner was a busy place to be. With Nigel, Dean, Ray C5, the 2 other cars 🚗 and myself.

WAIT!

What 2 other cars you're thinking scratch and why bring them up at the end of the post?
Well, we had 2 other cars 🚗 pull into Radio Corner using PMR, but on channel 2, and unknown to them I was earwigging to their conversation and as they pulled out 1 said to the other "I wonder what is going on here and I will see you in the next car park"
A bit later on we had persons unknown give us a tune with their roger beep beep.
When it was suggested that it was coming from the cars in the other car park the beep beep stop and there was an eerie silence.

"Th-Th-The, Th-Th-The, Th-Th... That's all, folks!"
Quoting Porky Pig pig

Razz229

Hello and welcome to a late episode of Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"3 'Oh shoots' and you're out (maybe)"

The net was on the 26th of September 2022 and can be found on a CTCSS free channel 14 or 446.16875MHz.

My location was Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest 🌳 in the county of East Sussex and equipment used was the TYT TH-9800 and an antenna.

I arrived a bit late and found Ray C5 (CT 3466) in conversation with Chris (CT 1033). Ray quickly advised that we had a guest on who was making farmyard 🐮pig🐑🐔 sounds while keying up over people.
"Oh shoot" I thought, so I took a quick drive down the road and visited a couple of other cars parks and lit up a few parked cars with steamed up windows.
When I got back to Radio Corner, the farmyard had gone!

Now back at Radio Corner, I started to set up ready for the net.
Out came the drive on base and the poles to get the 'Sputnik' up in the air.
This should have been a simple task, but no, problem number 2 was about to make a grand entrance.
With everything connected, up went the poles and the antenna was in the air ready to be plugged into the radio.

BE HONEST, CAN YOU GUESS WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?  scratch

I reach out to grab the cable hanging from the antenna and find nothing, just air, looking down I see the cable on the ground, looking up I see the antenna with the PL259 attached.

"Oh shoot" I thought, the cable has come out the plug!

Down came everything and out came the £1 mag mount, out came the screwdriver and Allen or Hex key.

Now Ray C5 had seen what was going on and walked over to ask why everything had gone up and was now coming down. As he got to me there was a crushing, cracking breaking sound from under his feet. "Oh shoot" I thought, in my haste to get on air I had laid my fibre glass pole on the ground.

Now with £1 mag mount on the roof, broken pole and bits in the vehicle on with the net and the list of all that called in.

Paul M--Vigo Village--Kent
MD 26--Dave--Bexhill on Sea--East Sussex
The Hadlow Hustler--Dick--Hadlow--Kent--Long time no chat 👍
Russell--Tonbridge--Kent
Ratty 248--Chris--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Mobile 🚗
CM 01--Jason--Blackheath--Southeast London
And myself CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

Thank you all who called in and thank you to Chris (Ratty 248) and his partner Vicky who came up for an eyeball.
Chris has also become one of many who have walked around Radio Corner with a handy looking for the sweet spot to be able to work the group 😀

That about wraps thing up.

--... ...-- & TTFN 👋

Ray 2290 with the pen 🖋� & paper 📄

Razz229

Hello all and welcome

Here is another of those Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net

or

"How many times can you hit your head while the net is on?"

The net was held on the 3rd of October 2022 and was the first PMR net of the month.

My location was in the corner at Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest 🌴 in the county of East Sussex and I was back to using the 'Sputnik' on a pole and the TYT TH-9800.
We can be found on channel 14 with no CTCSS codes to spoil the fun.

The weather was mild with some wind blowing clouds across the half-moon South Coast PMR net report - Page 9 1f317

With no dramas like last week to talk about, on with the list of stations that called in and were heard and or worked by the group

CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex
Roy--Biggin Hill--Kent--Great to be able to pass you around the group
London Calling--Mark--Leyton--East London--With an IQ-0 trying to spoil his night 😠
CT 4627--Joker Steve--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Showing off his new CHARLIE TANGO callsign 😄
Ratty 248--Chris--Reigate Hill--Surrey--With Witchy Women
D21--Adam--Hastings--East Sussex
CT 4657--Paul M--Vigo Village--Kent--Also showing off his new CHARLIE TANGO callsign 😄
CT 1074--Mike & Lorraine--Devils Dyke--West Sussex
PL 277--Sean--Brighton--East Sussex--Welcome to the net 👍👋
And not forgetting me, CT 2290--Ray--Radio Corner--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--He with pen 🖋� and paper 📄

That wraps things up.

Thank you all who called in, sorry if you tried and wasn't heard, please try again next time and if you see a mistake or I have left something out, let me know and I will correct it.

73 --... ...--

Ray 2290

PS the answer is twice if your name is . . . . . .

Razz229

Hello all and welcome

Here is another episode or Ray reviews the Monday Night PMR net

or

"Spoilers 😱"

The net was held on Monday 17-10-2022 and is scheduled to start at 20.00 hours or 8 o'clock 🕗.
It can be found on PMR analogue channel 14 using no CTCSS tones.

My location was a full Radio Corner, Ashdown Forest 🌲in the county of East Sussex and my set up was the TYT TH-9800 and the 'Sputnik' GPA up on a pole.

The weather was cloudy ☁, mild and damp under foot.

Now the stage is set, on with the list of stations that called in.

CT 1074--Mike--Devils Dyke--West Sussex
CT 1829--Dean--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--Trying a new shop bought then modified homemade antenna.
CT 1552--Darren--Uckfield--East Sussex--Thank you for putting a BIG 😁 smile on the face of Graham and myself.
VT 01--Roy--Biggin Hill--Kent--Booming out
London Calling--Mark--Leyton--East London
CT 4627--Joker Steve--Reigate Hill--Surrey
Ratty 248--Chris--Reigate Hill--Surrey
TE 032--Adam--Southend on Sea--Essex
CT 4657--Paul M--Vigo Village--Kent
TE 16--Stuart--Great Wakering--Essex
CT 4515--John--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex--Replacing Steve KP 441
CT 2453--Chris--Butts Brow--Eastbourne--East Sussex--Motorbike 🏍� mobile
and me CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex

As Mike has said, it was a busy night with many strong signals and "booming" audio reports.
Thank you all who called in, a special mention for Chris and his motorbike set up 🏅

That about wraps up this busy episode

73 to all and catch you again

Ray

PS "Chicken Goujons" if you know, you know 😉😉

Razz229

Hello and welcome

Here is another episode of "Ray reviews the Monday night PMR net"

or

"Who forgot the nets birthday?"

The net was held on Monday 24th of October 2022 and can be found on channel 14 using no CTCSS tones.
My location was Radio Corner Ashdown Forest in the county of East Sussex (JO-bb-01) or the home of Winnie the Pooh and friends.

The set up was the TYT TH-9800 and the 1/4 wave up on the pole, which was under dark low clouds that looked as if they would drop a deluge of water on you at any moment.

With memories of last week, it was time to start the net.

Now much to everyone's surprise, I called out at 8 o'clock to start the net and was answered by, 'Ray, if that's you, your mic is not working'  Rolling Eyes.
So, after a bit of fiddling about, the RJ11 plug was held in place and off we tried again with some success, but during the night I would check that it hadn't moved.

Here is the list of stations that called in.

C V M--Nigel--Crowborough--East Sussex--1st location of the night
VT 01--Roy--Biggin Hill--Kent
KP 441--Steve--Henfield--East Sussex--Mobile
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--2nd location of the night
OT 357--We did hear you calling and called you back throughout the night
CT 3466--Ray C5--Crowhurst--Surrey
CT 4013--Tony--Brighton--East Sussex--With his Chinse takeaway interference.
GB 23--Paul--Gatwick--West Sussex--Welcome to PMR and thank you for the surprise!
GE 12--Tim--Near Eastbourne--East Sussex
CT 2453--Chris--Near Eastbourne--East Sussex
And me, CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown Forest--East Sussex--With the paper and pen 📝

Thank you all who called and if you tried, sorry we didn't hear, please try again next time.

73 and TTFN

Ray

Oh, and before I forget, yes, the answer to the question posed at the beginning of the net is all of us.

The net turned 7 at the beginning of September, so here's to next year and he 8th anniversary.

John

Hello Everyone

I know its been a while but I forgot to put up an audio clip of my contact with Jacky 14 FRS 119.
Ray CT2290 / CI2290 had got him first then the conditions change in my favour ,  so here it is.
Hope you enjoy.

Regards John CT4515. 73s

Vire Normande

Chatbox

ONLY MEMBERS CAN POST IN CHATBOX

06 May 2024 12:07:41
Razz229: Don't forget it's Monday, so the South Coast/Monday night PMR on channel 14 will be on tonight from 8 o'clock UK time

01 May 2024 21:30:56
Razz229: A plug for the Southern Area & South Coast UK SSB Net, 2nd May from 20:00 UK time, channel 39 LSB midblock/FCC

27 Apr 2024 13:10:22
Razz229: G5TM live streaming on YouTube at the moment

24 Apr 2024 21:01:47
Razz229: Oi! Oi! Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net. Thursday Night from 20:00 hrs local time, channel 39 LSB 27.395 MHz

27 Mar 2024 22:37:14
Razz229: Shameless plug for the Southern Area and South Coast LSB Net on channel 39 midblock starts at 20:30ish or before UK time.

13 Mar 2024 22:24:40
John: Sad Face No hill topping for me tomorrow car failed  MOT. Fixing it with Big Dave Tomorrow night.

08 Mar 2024 22:24:36
John: Hiya  people sorry  i have been preoccupied with other things lately but all settled now so i will be around  a bit more  ;D  ;D  ;D

03 Mar 2024 14:57:10
Admin: Not at all Ray ;D ;D ;D

02 Mar 2024 22:07:21
Razz229: Have you missed me?

14 Feb 2024 21:30:33
Razz229: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net, Thursday Night 20:30 UK time, 27.395 MHz or channel 39 FCC mid-block LSB