Main Menu

Romeo Mike CB Group

Started by Leavic, Nov 01, 2023, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razz229

Quote from: Tony on Feb 01, 2024, 02:07 PMMore than one by the latest post on FB:

QuoteJoe Carey
Admin
Sorry people, but I don't think I'll be running the net this weekend. I'll advise when it's back on, but for the moment it's off until further noticed. We've got a few things to sort out and I think we need to make some changes.
Could do with a few more net controllers really. If anyone is interested let us know.  Not expecting you to do it every net, but some dedicated people to give us a hand would 100% make life easier.

I'm sure someone will step up and give being a chairman a go

Admin

Posted on their Facebook group today.

QuoteRomeo Mike CB Radio Group
Joe Carey
Just to reiterate, The net is off until further noticed. Probably be back the first weekend of April, all being well.
Nothing wrong here, just Paul, I and the rest of the gang got some other shit to sort out which takes priority.
We've got a few discussions to have as well. Do we run it every weekend, bi-weekly or once a month.
Do we find some more net controllers to help us out? It would be nice.
Anyway guys, keep the group active. We're still here and we'll be back on the air soon.
We're also thinking of changing the channel as well, but we'll let you know if and when that happens. 39 is quite noisy and seems to be used by quite a lot of people in different areas.
73's for now my friends.

Razz229

Quote from: Admin on Feb 12, 2024, 06:53 PMPosted on their Facebook group today.

QuoteRomeo Mike CB Radio Group
Joe Carey
Just to reiterate, The net is off until further noticed. Probably be back the first weekend of April, all being well.
Nothing wrong here, just Paul, I and the rest of the gang got some other shit to sort out which takes priority.
We've got a few discussions to have as well. Do we run it every weekend, bi-weekly or once a month.
Do we find some more net controllers to help us out? It would be nice.
Anyway guys, keep the group active. We're still here and we'll be back on the air soon.
We're also thinking of changing the channel as well, but we'll let you know if and when that happens. 39 is quite noisy and seems to be used by quite a lot of people in different areas.
73's for now my friends.

Mmmm, some interesting statements/comments.

I would suggest reaching out to the DDB net and agree to do alternate Saturday nights.

Admin

Just announced on the RM Facebook group by Joe Carey:

QuoteThe net will take place next Saturday 13th.
CH 39 UK
6:30pm to 9:30 +/-

Tangovictor

Just announced on the RM Facebook group by Joe Carey:

QuoteHappy Friday, everyone!
Just to remind you that the RM net is on tomorrow evening. I made a mistake in my last post related to this and I said it was from 6:30pm to 9:30PM. It is our usual 7:30PM to 9:30pm
Eric Traffordc will be on high ground in Oxfordshire.
Paul Bicknell and I will be at our usual location on the Hampshire border.
Simon Cook might be out in the Surrey Hills.
No doubt Turv Turvy will be on some high ground somewhere as well.
It will be on CH 39 UK FM which is 27.98125MHz
If we can hear you, we'll bring you in, so please don't sit there calling QSK a million times 😂
Just a reminder of the rules seeing as this is our first net for quite a while now.
Abuse to any of the chairs or members will not be tolerated. The chairs give up their time to host a good show, so please remember that. We're all here to have a good time. If you don't like someone or you don't like what someone has to say or disagree with someone, please keep your opinions to yourself. The net is not the place to bitch, moan and slag people off. Anyone abusing will be given a warning to either put up, shut up or go use another channel. Carry on and the net will get pulled, you'll be named and shamed so everyone else can have a clear picture of who is responsible for messing it up. I don't think it will come to this, but I'm outlining the rules nonetheless.
Anyone who comes on drunk and starts chatting a load of BS will just be ignored. The joys of squelch!
If you want to get in then it's "on the side", "break" or "break break" 
QSK will get acknowledged, but this isn't HAM radio after all.
The way it works is we bring up to 20 people in and log them in the book. Depending how busy it is, it will either be the first 10 or 20 people to be logged in the first stage. We then start running from the top of the list down to see if anyone else has a copy on those people. Any further people coming in will then get added to that list and as we run down the list we'll get to your turn. It makes it fair and everyone gets to have their moment.
If the chairs shout out and say does anyone have a copy on someone, feel free to come back. Please don't come back to us and say "Yeah I can hear them" just go back to them. It's as free and open as you like. We'll step in to 10-5 if it's a one way thing going on.
The net starts officially at 7:30PM.  That means that the log book will start to get used at that time and no sooner.
The net officially ends at 9:30PM, it may end sooner depending on the lack of people and it can also go the other way and run on for a bit if it gets busy. Anyone logged in the book will nearly always get their turn, so if we have 60+ people called in and by 9:30PM we're only 3/4 the way through the list then we will carry on so no one misses out.
If you're planning of switching off and you've called in but we've not got to you yet then if you can, try and let us know and we'll skip you out. It's not mandatory but just helps us out so we know who we've got and if there is anyone else not there.
Anyway, keep it cool, give us a big rogie mate and we'll see you tomorrow evening. Spread the word and let's make it one to remember.
73s from RM002

Admin

Joe Carey spent so much time on all the rules for the net, his brain must have been tired.  ::)

QuoteJoe Carey
Admin
Group expert in Amateur and ham radio

I actually properly messed up tonight guys. I was messing about on SSB before the net and somehow I turned the preamp off on the amp and also switched the power off as well, so been transmitting 30 watts all night!
I only noticed it when taking the antenna down as well and thought it was weird the fans were not rotating. Looks like I need to make a check list next time 😂

Can't wait to see what happens next month. :D  :D  :D

Admin

Next RM net is 18th of May

Chatbox

ONLY MEMBERS CAN POST IN CHATBOX

06 May 2024 12:07:41
Razz229: Don't forget it's Monday, so the South Coast/Monday night PMR on channel 14 will be on tonight from 8 o'clock UK time

01 May 2024 21:30:56
Razz229: A plug for the Southern Area & South Coast UK SSB Net, 2nd May from 20:00 UK time, channel 39 LSB midblock/FCC

27 Apr 2024 13:10:22
Razz229: G5TM live streaming on YouTube at the moment

24 Apr 2024 21:01:47
Razz229: Oi! Oi! Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net. Thursday Night from 20:00 hrs local time, channel 39 LSB 27.395 MHz

27 Mar 2024 22:37:14
Razz229: Shameless plug for the Southern Area and South Coast LSB Net on channel 39 midblock starts at 20:30ish or before UK time.

13 Mar 2024 22:24:40
John: Sad Face No hill topping for me tomorrow car failed  MOT. Fixing it with Big Dave Tomorrow night.

08 Mar 2024 22:24:36
John: Hiya  people sorry  i have been preoccupied with other things lately but all settled now so i will be around  a bit more  ;D  ;D  ;D

03 Mar 2024 14:57:10
Admin: Not at all Ray ;D ;D ;D

02 Mar 2024 22:07:21
Razz229: Have you missed me?

14 Feb 2024 21:30:33
Razz229: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net, Thursday Night 20:30 UK time, 27.395 MHz or channel 39 FCC mid-block LSB