Main Menu

South Coast PMR Net

Started by Razz229, Jun 27, 2022, 03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razz229

Welcome welcome

Here is another episode of Ray Reviews the South Coast/Monday Night PMR net

or

"Did you know, that on this date back in 1947 Radio Netherlands Worldwide started"

The net was held on April 15th 2024 and was chaired from Radio Corner, Ashdown 🌴 Forest in the county of East Sussex.
My working conditions were the CRT Space U and the almost, but not quite, famous £1 mag mount.
The net is scheduled to start at 20:00 Hrs, 8 o'clock 🕗 UK local or 19:00 UTC 🕖

If you are a regular reader of the net reviews, you will know that the weather at radio corner can be some what damp.
Well on this night, it was windy and bright with the half moon 🌓 and stars out.

Oh, I forgot to mention the hail stones!!

So at about 8 o'clock 🕗 the net started and for the first hour there was more stations parked in radio corner than any where else, making it difficult to do pass arounds and get things going.

Here is the list of stations heard and or worked by the net

Radio Corner

CT 3466--'Radar Ray'
CT 2207--Neil--1st location of the night
C V M--Nigel
CT 1829--Dean
T 187--Toby--1st location of the night and helping Radar Ray with his 10m set up
CT 2290--Ray--In the chair 💺

The rest

OM 001--Graham--Burgess Hill--West Sussex
CT 1033--Chris--Tonbridge--Kent
Delta 31--Adam--Hastings--East Sussex
CT 4013--Tony--Brighton--East Sussex
CT 940--Richard--Reigate--Surrey
AL 123--Allan--Redhill--Surrey
CT 2207--Neil--Crowborough--East Sussex--2nd location of the night
CT 4859--Richard--Amersham--Hertfordshire
CT 5140--Jack--Ashdown 🌴 Forest--East Sussex--Showing off his new shiny Charlie Tango callsign
Paul--shotgun with Jack
CT 4515--John--Brighton--East Sussex
T 187--Toby--Ditchling Beacon--East Sussex

Thank you all who called in, sorry to the listening stations as there wasn't much to listen to at the beginning of the net

That brings this review to an end

Best 73

Ray 2290 with the pen and paper. 📝

Razz229

Hello and welcome

Come on in and sit ya self down, and get ready for the next episode of Ray Reviews the South Coast/Monday Night PMR Net

or

"on this date in history, London bridge was sold to an American who moved it brick by brick to the USA (allegedly)"

My location for the night was a still, mild, cloudy Radio Corner, Ashdown 🌲 Forest in the county of East Sussex (JO-01-bb), where the full moon 🌕 was only visible for the briefest of moments.

The net can be found on analogue channel 14 using no CTCSS codes or malarkey like that, making the net accessible for all. You don't even have to have a callsign or handle.
To reduce the chance of channel splatter NFM is used.

My set up for the night was the CRT Space U, powered by a old car battery and the antenna was the Dean made, NOS French mobile PMR antenna up on a fibre glass pole.

The net is scheduled to start at 20:00 Hrs or 8 o'clock 🕗 , but tuning in early you could become part of the pre-net warm up waffle.

Here is my list of stations heard and or worked by the net

KP 441--Steve--Devils Dyke--West Sussex--working a Quansheng handy 🥇
CT 3466--'Radar' Ray--Ashdown 🌲 Forest--East Sussex
CT 4013--Tony--Brighton--East Sussex
OM 001--Graham--Burgess Hill--East Sussex
Tango 187--Toby--Ashdown 🌲 Forest--East Sussex--Working HF and PMR
CT 9484--Mark--Haslemere--Surrey
Delta 31--Adam--Hastings--East Sussex
C V M--Nigel--Ashdown 🌲 Forest--East Sussex--1st location of the night
CT 1033--Chris--Tonbridge--Kent
AMC 1966--Boris--Bexhill--East Sussex
Neil--Maidstone--Kent
CT 4281 (The Hadlow Hustler)--Dick--Hadlow--Kent--Welcome back 👍
CT 5147--Paul--Hartfield--East Sussex--Showing off his new shiny callsign and experimenting with home brew antennas 👍
C V M--Nigel--Crowborough--East Sussex
CT 1829--Dean--Pembury Hospital--Kent--In hospital but took a handy with him
CT 2072--Steve T--Tonbridge--Kent
CT 940--Richard--East Grinstead--West Sussex--Mobile 🚗
DS 01--Pru--East Grinstead--West Sussex--Shotgun with Richard
The cork popping 🍾 impersonating station
and me
CT 2290--Ray--Ashdown 🌲 Forest--East Sussex--In the chair 💺

The last of us called it a night just after we had enter Tuesday morning

Thank you all that called in and took part. Thank you to all the listening stations, you know who you are. Thank you to those still about after 11 o'clock who took part in Pauls antenna testing.

Topics of conversation ranged from the different PMR groups in the Southeast covering channels 8, 12, 13 and 14 on different days or nights, antennas, biscuits were mentioned, peoples audio over power, where's John CT 4515 and wishing Dean best health and get well soon while in hospital.

Best 73 and hope to hear you next time

Ray 2290 with the pen and paper 📝

Razz229

Quickly now

Come in

Welcome to another episode of Ray Reviews the South Coast/Monday Night PMR held on Monday 29th of April 2024

or

"Did you know that on this date in history, the telephone connection from Britain to Australia comes into service"

A brief introduction about the net and where on the dial it can be found.

The net is scheduled to start at 8 o'clock 🕗 in the evening local UK time or 20:00 Hrs and can be found on analogue channel 14 (446.16875 MHz). It doesn't use any kind of secret CTCSS tones and you don't need a callsign or handle to join in.

My location for the night was Radio Corner (JO-01-bb), Ashdown 🌳 Forest in the county of East Sussex and the set up was the CRT Space U and a antenna up on a fibre glass pole.

And for those who wonder about the weather, we had blue skies, a full sun ☀ set, a cool gentle breeze and birds 🦜🐥 tweeting 🎵🎵 while the sun went done.

Enough with the chatter and on with the list of stations heard and or worked by the net

Neil--CT 2207--Crowborough--East Sussex
Ray--CT 3466--Ashdown 🌳 Forest--East Sussex
Chris--CT 1033--Tonbridge--Kent
Graham--OM 001--Burgess Hill--West Sussex
Adam--Delta 31--Hastings--East Sussex
Ricky on the Ridge--Hasting--East Sussex
Mark--London Calling--Walthamstow--East London
Simon--Butts Brow--Eastbourne--East Sussex
Steve--Joker aka DDB 285--Reigate Hill--Surrey
Andy--Bart Man aka DDB 342--Reigate Hill--Surrey--Working a handy
John--CT 4515--Jack n Jill--East Sussex
Chris--CT 4362--Reigate Town--Surrey
Richard--CT 940--Reigate--Surrey
Andros--HL 033--Hastings--East Sussex
Jack--CT 5140--Ashdown 🌳 Forest--East Sussex--Antenna testing
Paul--CT 5147--Ashdown 🌳 Forest--East Sussex--Shotgun with Jack
Tony--CT 4013--Brighton--East Sussex
Nigel--C V M--Woods Corner--East Sussex
Mark--CT 9484--Mark--Haslemere--West Sussex
Toby--Tango 187--Ashdown 🌳 Forest--East Sussex--Working a handy
and me
Ray--CT 2290--Ashdown 🌳 Forest--East Sussex--In the chair 💺

Thank you all who called in and to the listening stations who know who they are!
If tried to call in and wasn't able to reach us, please try again another Monday.

Here are some of the topics discussed, 3D printing cases for home weather stations, bread pudding, comparing a small stubby antenna to a fully 1/2 wave antenna and the hobby of SWL.

That's it till next time

Best 73

Ray 2290 with the pens and paper 📝

Chatbox

ONLY MEMBERS CAN POST IN CHATBOX

01 May 2024 21:30:56
Razz229: A plug for the Southern Area & South Coast UK SSB Net, 2nd May from 20:00 UK time, channel 39 LSB midblock/FCC

27 Apr 2024 13:10:22
Razz229: G5TM live streaming on YouTube at the moment

24 Apr 2024 21:01:47
Razz229: Oi! Oi! Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net. Thursday Night from 20:00 hrs local time, channel 39 LSB 27.395 MHz

27 Mar 2024 22:37:14
Razz229: Shameless plug for the Southern Area and South Coast LSB Net on channel 39 midblock starts at 20:30ish or before UK time.

13 Mar 2024 22:24:40
John: Sad Face No hill topping for me tomorrow car failed  MOT. Fixing it with Big Dave Tomorrow night.

08 Mar 2024 22:24:36
John: Hiya  people sorry  i have been preoccupied with other things lately but all settled now so i will be around  a bit more  ;D  ;D  ;D

03 Mar 2024 14:57:10
Admin: Not at all Ray ;D ;D ;D

02 Mar 2024 22:07:21
Razz229: Have you missed me?

14 Feb 2024 21:30:33
Razz229: Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net, Thursday Night 20:30 UK time, 27.395 MHz or channel 39 FCC mid-block LSB

10 Feb 2024 09:29:05
Razz229: Thank you Julian. I have sent you a PM.